Passion fruit tiramisu recipe
The passion fruit and undoubtedly an original fruit for this cake which becomes at the same time a summer cake.
The concept of making passion fruit tiramisu is very simple, the process is the same as making traditional tiramisu, just replace the espresso coffee with passion fruit concentrate – and instead of garnishing with chocolate shavings use fresh passion fruit pulp.
- 3 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- ½ tbs rum, optional
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- ~2 cups of passion fruit concentrate or pure passion fruit juice, made from about 8-10 large passion fruits or buy a frozen pack at one of the Latin grocery stores
- 2 packs of ladyfingers (4.75 oz each pack)
- Fresh passion fruit pulp (with seeds) for topping, from about 2-4 passion fruits