Tiramisu Original Recipe
INGREDIENTS Makes 4-6 servings:
- 8 Ounces [226 g.] Mascarpone Cheese (room temperature)
- 6 Egg yolks
- 8 Ounces [226 g.] of Sugar
- 30 Ladyfingers
- 2 Cup Black Coffee (Espresso)
- Cocoa powder
[Scanthe following QR Code with your device and add the ingredients to your shopping list]
- Make the coffee (espresso coffee). Place in a bowl to cool.
- Whip 4 egg yolks with sugar until stiff; fold the mascarpone cheese into yolk mixture thus obtaining a soft cream
- Dip 15 ladyfingers into the coffee. Do not soak them.
- Arrange them in a line, in the middle of a round dish.
- Spread half of the cream over the ladyfingers, then make another layer of ladyfingers (dipped into coffee) and spread the remaining mascarpone cream over it
- Add in top the cocoa powder. Serve chilled
The original recipe from the father of Tiramisu, Roberto Linguanotto
Photo credit: http://www.tiramesu.it all right reserved
The shape of the original Beccherie’s Tiramesù is round.
…… Working for the prestigious restaurant “Alle Beccherie” in Treviso was the spur to keep challenging myself, to prove that even with simple ingredients, meanwhile remaining faithful to tradition, it is possibile to give birth to something magical: tiramesù!
12 egg yolks
½ kg. white sugar
1 kg. Mascarpone cheese
60 savoiardi (ladyfingers)
Make the coffee; set aside and let cool in a bowl;
Whip 12 egg yolks with ½ kg. white sugar until stiff; fold 1 kg. mascarpone cheese into yolk mixture thus obtaining a soft cream.
Dip 30 ladyfingers into the coffee, being careful not to soak them. Arrange them in a line, in the middle of a round dish.
Spread half of the cream over the ladyfingers, then make another layer of ladyfingers (dipped into coffee) and spread the remaining mascarpone cream over it.
Sprinkle with cocoa powder.