Easy Raspberry Tiramisu #4
…Seriously, they must be one of my favorite fruits ever, along with cherries and bananas. How many times have I said on this blog that a fruit was my favorite? Which makes me think that, if I had a garden, I would grow: 1.
- 2 large eggs, white and yolk divided.
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
- 8 oz mascarpone
- the juice of one lemon
- 12 lady fingers
- 1 lb raspberries, fresh or frozen
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar. Add mascarpone and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and gently add them to the mascarpone mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining lemon juice, 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 tablespoons warm water. Brush ladyfingers with this syrup and cut them into 3-4 pieces.
- In 6 serving glasses, arrange a layer of ladyfingers, a layer of raspberries, a layer of mascarpone and repeat, ending with a layer of mascarpone.
- Keep refrigerated for at least 3 hours. Garnish with fresh raspberries when ready to serve.